5. Perpetual and evergreen social media updates
Here's how to set up automated / evergreen updates for Facebook and Twitter! These are updates that post automatically for ever, without your input - you only have to add the update content in once and it keeps running. I covered some of the options for this in Module 3 so please catch up on that one if you haven't already.
In the next module I will suggest CONTENT ideas for your social media updates which you can batch, so if you are stuck for ideas hang on for the next module.
For Twitter currently I use TweetJukebox (soon to be SocialJukebox).
This is an AMAZING free tool that enables you to create a bank of evergreen / perpetual customised updates with images that get automatically posted out on a schedule of your choice.
You can use this to post about old blog posts PLUS anything else you want to post about (e.g. your products/services, opt-in pages, freebies, etc).
- How to set up and add tweets to SocialJukeBox / TweetJukeBox
Instructions on how to set up and use this free tool.
How to set up a Jukebox once logged into TweetJukebox:
Here is how to add individual tweets to your Jukebox within TweetJukebox:
Here is how to add evergreen tweets to your Jukebox in SECONDS using their incredible Chrome Browser Extension:
Socialjukebox is soon to be launched which will allow you to create a Jukebox to post to Facebook pages... but until then, you could use my 'hack' which I've found works well.
What you can do is use IFTTT.com to re-post from your Twitter to your Facebook. You need to ensure that you're happy for everything you post to Twitter to be set over to your Facebook page.
- Login / register with IFTTT.com
- Connect your Twitter account
- Connect your Facebook page
- Click on this 'recipe' (New Tweet/Pic from Twitter goes to your Facebook Page)
- Deselect (unselect) retweets and @replies
- Click Add
- Amend any settings (I found it worked best for me using the settings below)
TWITTER / FACEBOOK ALTERNATIVE
An alternative option for both Facebook and Twitter is the 'Revive Old Post' WordPress plugin.
This takes about 1 hour to set up and it will automatically re-post your old blog posts.
It is free but you have to pay extra to make it post images and to get extra features.
Also, unlike Tweetjukebox/Socialjukebox you can't plug in your own update text, it just posts the blog posts and nothing else.
I found that the Tweetjukebox+IFTTT hack I recommended worked better than the Revive Old Post plugin, but if you only have 1 hour to revive a dead Twitter or Facebook page this may be the best option for you.
MODULE 5 ASSIGNMENT:
1. Sign up for your preferred solution for automated perpetual updates on Facebook and/or Twitter (Tweetjukebox/Socialjukebox, Revive Old Post Plugin, IFTTT)